Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Little World

Finding something to say on these blogs is a chore. It is especially difficult if your life is, well, lifeless. So, what I thought I would do is just tell what is going on in my little world.

1. The big event is that Janet will arrive this weekend. I look forward to that. God willing, we plan to take a vacation in February. We wish to go to the Yukon more than anywhere else, but February is not the time of year to bask in the northern sun (like my Iroquois grandsons.) So I think we will head for Florida. We have a friend who has an empty condo there. From there we will go to the OCI board meetings in Wildwood.

2. My little Russian translator is not doing well. Her cancer has metastasized to her abdomen. I keep praying in faith. Janet and I have another friend, Dr. Dolores Jacoby, who has a recurring melanoma in her eye. Cancer is rampant these days. Yesterday, Leonard Westphall called me. Leonard raises millions of dollars for 3ABN by getting people to give through their wills. In any case, he had prostate cancer and came to EVI last spring. We didn't manage to help him at all. He went home to find out his cancer had metastasized into his bones. The doctors gave him three months to live. He went to a doctor in Equador who uses machines with some kind of frequencies and he came back cancer free. He wants me to get some of these machines. He is sure we will be rich. How am I suppose to relate to that? God gave His people a special method for dealing with sickness. As far as I know, it has little or nothing to do with frequencies. Yet, he is healed and swears by that treatment.

3. As you know, I gave my one year notice at the last board meeting. I will be transitioning out from EVI to Africa this year. I haven't moved from that position, but I am trying to study God's providences. People at EVI seem to be willing to give me anything so long as I stay. Steve Grabiner, whose advice I really respect, thinks I would not be fulfilled in Mago, Tanzania. I think my wife agrees with Steve. A young family from Walla Walla, Fred and Caroline Baumann, are on fire about going to work in Mago. There is always the possibility of having found in Fred and Caroline the people who could run this project. I am not excited about being the leader at EVI, but it appears to me like, with Leasa around, things may begin to happen. Who knows?

4. If the number of invitations to speak keep multiplying, I may spend no time at all at EVI in 2010. However, many of the potential sites are not wholly ratified yet.

5. Janet and I may be going to Africa in March. ASI and the Review want to do articles and videos on Riverside, Kibidula and Eden Valley Foster Care Mission. We'd be flying into Zambia. Taking a lady to Vic Falls while Steven and his cohorts have a board meeting. Then we would go on to Mago and Kibi. Sounds like fun, and expensive too.

6. Already I am scheduled for much too much travel. (I resisted listing the possibilities.) Yet, on top of that, Janet would like to go to Northern Ontario. She hasn't been there in forever and I would like to go to the Yukon. Good thing there is a recession going on.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dad,
    Art is a believer in those frequency things. Why not. is it really unnatural or harmful? I think not. I think that if it help then use it. It can only be better then chemo! Pat has been using one little machine thing that she bought but there is also a pulser to go with it and hers isn't working right. Art is building her a new one. I'm not sure what the results will be but it's getting urgent! What else can we do? Would love to know more about this place in equidor. And no, the machines won't make you rich because there are so many cure alls out there that people are lethargic about it all now and maybe it works but maybe it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Frank, I don't know what your standards are, but your life is anything but lifeless! For me you have an exciting life filled with wonderful opportunities God keeps giving you. So many decisions I see you have to make. Your an excellent leader and speaker. The fact that EVI will do anything to get you to stay. Being humble is great, but recognizing these attributes and giving God the glory is still great! I have always looked up to you and your family.
    I will keep you in my prayers as your life moves on that all your decisions will be for what is the best. I will pray you get to go to Northern Ontario (to see mom, who is NOT doing good, though rarely admits it to anyone but me) AND the Yukon(To see Julie and her family!).
    Life is difficult in the best of circumstances! And with God at our side and leading our lives, all the decisions we make can be for the best! I love you uncle. God Bless always!

    ReplyDelete