Thursday, October 27, 2011

Heavy Snows, Heavier Responsibilities.

It's winter in Colorado. The temperature went as low as 8 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. I checked Whitehorse, Yukon, and it was 34 degrees. We seem to be the cold spot in North America. The snow was beautiful, but heavy and broke a lot of branches. As many as 15,000 were without electricity last night and still today. Otherwise, beautiful.

We are having a birthday party for one of our doctors today. Dr. Cherne is 85 and going strong.

I went to Washington DC this week. Had an invitation to a North American Division meeting with the Supporting Ministries of which ASI is one. We were a group of about 20. The meetings were very interesting, but I don't know what was accomplished except perhaps to make friends and to spread goodwill toward one another. I did see Pastor Orville Parchment, and a host of other long time friends.

Better still was that I got to visit with John, Janice, David and Arwyn. That was great. The whole trip was worth it on that account. We met at David's new house, cozy and good for David. I read Calvin and Hobbes to Arwyn. Endearing. Did you know that there is no point in debriefing Calvin--he doesn't wear briefs.

We visited for several hours. It is all interesting to us that within the last year we all-John, Jason, David and I are saddled with heavier responsibilities. (You can add Janet to that, except that her responsibilities she's carried for some time now.) For some of us, John and I, the responsibilities were totally unexpected. David is now in management in the Communications branch of the Risk Management Dept. of the GC. We all praised the Lord for the honors, and are praying for wisdom to execute wisely our tasks.

All is well. God is good and the future is bright.




1 comment:

  1. Ups, I'm glad that I came last year at this time and not this year! I hope you all stay warm... ;-)

    ReplyDelete