Monday, April 29, 2013

Ho-hum

It use to be that I worried myself to death over an appointment that was coming six months down the road. The appointments are now rapid fire. The stress level is higher and more often. People want to know what I'll be preaching in six months in Germany or Singapore, or wherever. I rarely have a clue what I'll be preaching next week, much less months ahead. I guess I'd better grow up and get organized.

Occasionally, Janet and I get a wee break. After I preached in Longmont, CO, on Sabbath, we made our way to Silverthorne up in the mountains and spent the night there. It was peaceful and unhurried. (We have friends in the mountains who want us to use their house--more like a natural museum/palace.)

All is well besides. My lover leaves for Africa again tomorrow. That is a bummer. She is so useful. This time it is for only 2.5 months. She'll return a bit earlier to join me in Nova Scotia. I am to speak at the Pugwash Camp Meeting where Janet is to share her powerpoint presentation on her African project.

In the meantime, Janet and I did two big projects in our house. We cleaned out my home office--took the too big desk out of there and the freezer, and made it roomier. Janet bought two sofa chairs to make cosy. We also cleaned everything out of my exercise room and installed new linoleum. Spiffy! With that, she is all but gone.

The weather today is hot, in the eighties, but just last week, it was only 9 above Fahrenheit with two snow storms to add mud everywhere. Not complaining, however, Colorado is in a big drought. We need more moisture.

I'll try to write more often. I can't remember what happened two weeks ago. Everything is so humdrum.


No comments:

Post a Comment