Tuesday, June 11, 2013

OCI Retreat


June 11, 2013
I’m sitting in the Lusaka airport. Less than an hour ago, Jason and family with my Lover, dropped me off. They are on their way to the train station in Kapiri Imposhi, Zambia. If all goes well, they will be in Kibidula in twenty-four hours. They may have a hitch or two. Apparently, the railway workers are staging a silent strike, which I gather it means they will sabotage the trip if they can. We’ll see.

The OCI Retreat was a blast. I believe the Lord was in it from beginning to the end. It is so good to belong to a family that extends world’round. Janet and I had a couple of extra days at Riverside and we took the time to visit, do e-mail and walk to Turnpike. (Actually, one of those days I devoted to Rusangu Uninversity. The officials there wanted to meet the ASI President and to show him around the historic school.

M.H. Anderson first set foot on that land in 1903. He set a marker near some springs as a claim to the land. The Catholics also made a claim to the land, but they had failed of marking their claim. Consequently, when Anderson returned in 1905 he was awarded the property. His wife died of malaria on that excursion.

Garwin McNeilus is building classrooms for 2,000 students at Rusangu, presently. The Chinese government built the school a large complex and now the administration are hoping that the ASI President will give them 3.1 Million to build a library and cafeteria. (They don’t want a One-day-Caf or Library.) I enjoyed my visit, but I feel bad that I don’t have the wherewithal to supply their wants.

I believe I heard some of the best teachings in a long time at the OCI Retreat. You may download the audio from OCI in a couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment