Thursday, November 7, 2013

Have Voice Will Travel

I'm leaving again. This time I will be chairing a board meeting in Norway--the European Bible School. I will go straight from there to the Czech Republic for an ASI meeting. I come back on the 17th of Nov.

As usual, I am exceedingly busy. I can't seem to ever catch up. We've got so many things going, and it seems I am to participate in all of it. 
Many of our staff and one student are in  Dominican Republic for a mission trip. Just two years ago I was sure the our DR project was done, dead. Some people had a burden to try again and they proved me wrong. However, it is still in ICU as far as I am concerned, but now there is hope. Oak Haven are also sending a group to work on the property. Fred Flint will be going from Harbert Hills, TN. 

 I preached at Copper Mountain last Sabbath. Barb gave me another sweater (beautiful) and promises to donate to EVI every time I preach at Copper next year. I appreciate that, but I hope I don't disappoint her too much. I can already predict that Jan/Feb are a bust. 

One of our staff had surgery for colon cancer this week. She is already walking around the campus. As far as I know, they took part of her bowels near the stomach and they took part of her large bowel nearer the other end. She is doing well, very well indeed.

I rec'd a text from my wife last week. She says she cannot come home this year. Her situation is impossible. She cannot leave because of her responsibilities. Well, if there is anything I  understand it is duty. I always lean toward duty. It isn't always appreciated, but it is always right. "The voice of duty is the voice of God." I may go to Africa for a month this winter. 

Our new doctor is working out really well. I believe things will actually be easier, simpler and more effective in the LSC. We worried for a while because of mold in the house we had reserved for them. I didn't think we'd find a house without mold, but we did. Our Mavis got married this week (she is honeymooning as I write) and left an open home to move our Doctor and his family into. And, voila, no mold. Isn't God on top of everything.

I did a Skype interview for the ASI Southern Fall Conference two days ago. The interview was 20 minutes long and I also introduced Ted Wilson the GC President to the congregation. Somethings make me nervous, and that was one of them. I was drenched with cold sweat by the time I was done. I hate it. Some people are as cool as cucumbers, and I stress over a stupid interview.

Blessings to you all.



3 comments:

  1. So Memere won”t be at GYC? Will she still be in Africa when I go or will I miss her?
    Thanks for writing! Bri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me mere will be in Africa when you are there. Love your blog.

      Delete
  2. Frank, be careful not to share too much "internal kitchen" stuff ;-) (I'm referring to your last paragraph by the way). Because you know how the "Adventist Press" works (I don't really want to say the word "gossip" :-). But I'm shocked indeed that they elected this woman in CA. In the article on ANN, they kept the gender neutral; but I was assuming that it must be a woman. I'm worried about the brethren there...

    And thanks for the other infos. I will call the lady with colon cancer.

    ReplyDelete