Friday, March 7, 2014

Frustrated

Frustrated. As usual, I am sitting in an airport. If I ever liked this, I don't anymore. Nearly every flight this winter is delayed, as is the case this morning. This is getting really old. I'm on my way to the OCI Retreat at Uchee Pines in Alabama. (It isn't serious that I am delayed today. I have a rental car at the other end, but ugh, I"m still frustrated.) The retreat is usually a huge blessing, but right now, I just wish I could stay home. I've got three assignments at OCI: A morning devotion, a report on Eden Valley and a talk on the history of education. More importantly, we will have the OCI board meeting on Sunday. We will be forced to make a decision having huge implications for the organization. You might want to pray with us on this.

I am involved in so many things that I can hardly remember what I did two days ago. It took me a while to figure out why I got home at 1 AM last Sunday. (The flight was delayed 3-4 hours.) I finally remembered that I was in Cohutta Springs, GA at an ASI Winter Board meeting. We face some challenges at ASI, as well. We lost our Secretary Treasurer, again, (this time to It Is Written, Canada) and we have been without a secretary to the Sec/Treas for months. It is hard to plan the future Convention when part of the team is missing. (Even if they were there, they wouldn't have all the experience we need.) Nevertheless, I believe we will succeed in meeting all our obligations to the convention, the donors and to the donation recipients.

Almost all my weekends are booked from here to May with ASI Chapter meetings, board meetings and preaching seminars.

I do have some extremely good news: Janet has a replacement for herself in her African work. A young couple, just married seven months, went to visit her project and promised to take it over in July or August this year. It couldn't have happened any later. My Lover was at her wits end with weariness and loneliness.  I thank God every day for that blessing. (Now let us pray they don't change their minds.) Five people from Colorado will be joining Janet next week for nine weeks. I expect she may come home for a couple of months and then return to meet the young couple. (He is American, she is from France, of African descent.) Everyone is advising my wife to give the project over to them and run. We'll see.

Samuel Stapleton, son of Patty and Larry Stapleton, passed away on March 5. He was 34 years old. (We worked together in Africa for 4 years.) We live in a world of tragedy. Come, Lord Jesus.

All is well at EVI. Our new doctor is working well with the team. He has simplified our Lifestyle program considerably, for which I am truly grateful. The idea is that we don't have to adopt every supposed healing methods out there. Natural means, ordained of heaven, promise to achieve supernatural results. That is where we are putting our faith.

Our Education Dept. Director has organized to use the Loveland library twice per month for the rest of the year to present something to the community. Two weekends ago, we did some health lectures at a black church in Denver. The Doctor spoke twice, I preached four times, and Leasa did a cooking school. (It was all well rec'd.)

I now give Bible studies to two people. Last night, was the first one to Lifestyle guest from last month's session. I don't have a lot of time between appointments, but I am determined to do all I can with the little I've got left to give.

Jason was voted back in as the Director of Kibidula. I've been put on a search committee to find a leader for Riverside Farm Institute. In the meantime, Allan Knowles is the interim president.

Blessings to all . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment