Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Stress.s.s.s.

I have no pictures to post, but Antionette sent me this one this week. Shiloh is our youngest. She burnt her hands terribly one month ago, and now she's got a bad cold. Life is a bummer sometimes. The most we can do sometimes is to sleep through it, wherever we are.


That is what I felt like doing all last month. Stress has been my constant companion, lately. It isn't always that way before board meetings, but this year it's been extra heavy. Last year, I got beat up soundly at the board. I didn't anticipate another beating this year, but I knew that I would be expected to lend my influence to all the decisions that needed to be made. In the end, I knew I would necessarily be the main cause of pain to someone. That is indeed how it turned out. I hate hurting people, but I did what I conscientiously thought was best for EVI.

The big news is that Leasa Hodges is now on staff at EVI. Leasa is one of the wealthy McNeilus family. I believe the news will reverberate through the ranks like a little tsunami. I think it is a good thing, but some of my staff wonder if she will be one of those tough business women. Her position is Administrative Director. That is a misleading title. It is suppose to mean business manager. It sounds more like president. In the end, it might work to my advantage. If things go well, I can leave and she can be the Administrating Director according to the dictionary definition.

One of the biggest burdens I gained over the weekend was at DayStar Academy. We had a board meeting there, also. They don't have enough staff and some of the staff work like they are unionized. The weight of the work falls on the few at the top. They are crying for help. I need to do something. Lord help me.

I start an evangelistic series in three days, in Glenwood Springs, CO. This will be a great rest or a pile more stress. I'll let you know. Unready or not, here I go. In a great degree, I do know how good the good news is and I am grateful for an opportunity to tell someone. Pray God gives me utterance and the Holy Spirit's powerful influence.

Till next time, The Preacher to his Tribe

2 comments:

  1. please pray for me and my family

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Shiloh is awfully cute ...even if we can't see what she looks like!

    ReplyDelete