Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Glenwood Springs, Colorado


This is Glenwood Springs.
(I find it difficult to play with this program. I had hoped to put these pictures under the dialogue, but it won't cooperate.)
Do you see where the para-glidder is now?
Do you see the white line on the mountain across the valley? That is a gondola. It goes up to some caves. I might show you the caves next time.
Behind me is Glenwood Springs

I'm suppose to be doing an evangelistic series. As it turns out, there are a few community people coming to the meetings, but they don't come regularly and the bulk of the people coming are the church members. I have no trouble with that, but I pity the young pastor. I'm sure he was expecting a better response from the community.

Instead of doing evangelistic meetings I am doing revival meetings. I don't know what the pastor thinks, but the meetings are strong and the response is very good. I believe I am doing the right thing. Regardless of the meetings, the pastor will be baptizing eight people on Sabbath, and another five are coming in on profession of faith. It's a good showing for a young
pastor in so affluent a society.

I'm having a good time, but I wish I could get home. I've got too much to do, and I'm not use to relaxing lately.

The family I live with are very athletic and everyday we climb a mountain or something like that. More pictures will follow in the next blog.
This is Keving Wasli, my gracious host. I will post pictures of his whlole family next time if I don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment