Thursday, April 22, 2010

Running Flat Out

Well now, where were we? Oh yea, I was on my way home from Africa.

I arrived home sometime after midnight on a Thursday. The next morning I had to be at a Mid-America ASI chapter meeting. So it was for the next three days. I didn't have time to suffer with jet lag because I was too busy to take naps and too wound up to feel it. On Sabbath, more than 130 people from the ASI group came for supper at Eden Valley. We hosted them, toured them, gave them some EVI history lessons and future vision plans. Three McNeilus families were in the crowd and expressed real interest. Garwin McNeilus advises us to bulldoze our Retirement Center and build a new building for our Lifestyle Center. I assume that is what we will do.

Through it all, we've had a full lifestyle session going on. Last weekend, I drove to Wildwood, GA for a board meeting. It was one of the roughest board meetings I've ever attended. Half and hour after I got back to EVI, I was asked to do two hyperbaric chamber treatments. The next day I preached three sermons and we had a graduation for our lifestyle guests. All is well, just busy that's all. I feel guilty because I haven't called my girls since coming back from Africa. I must do so by Monday because I leave for Ukraine on Tuesday. The day after I return from Ukraine, May 11, we begin a L.I.G.H.T. program at EVI and I get to teach three classes. If things get any busier I'll not have time for anything personal. Oh well, such is life.

I bought my wife a CD player today. I hope to send it with Deniece when she goes to Africa on May 5. Happy birthday, wife, and God's blessing to everyone within earshot.


No comments:

Post a Comment