Monday, January 17, 2011

A Lot of Nothing

What is amazing about writing a blog is that you never feel like you have anything to say. On the other hand, I read enough of my kid's blogs to know, that if someone doesn't write pretty soon, it is unsettling. So here I am, settling your nerves, with nothing to say.

My wife and I came to a conclusion today. She will be happy, if happy is the right sentiment, to help Eden Valley until she returns to Africa. Because she feels totally unqualified to oversee the building of the Lifestyle Center, she has decided not to tackle that project. We are grateful for anything she is/will contribute. On the other hand, I will remain in America, Eden Valley to be exact. We both agree that I will like it better at EVI than in Africa. That may not be altogether true, but that is the conclusion we've arrived at. I thank God for His guidance. I believe He led in our deliberations. Thank you for praying with us. I wrote my board members and several have responded positively to the news. What would I do if they had responded negatively?

Little Joy Grabiner broke her wrist, yesterday. Steve, her dad, called last night asking for us to go visit her. We'll probably do that tomorrow night. I did talk with her this afternoon. She is quite chipper in spite of it all.

I'm looking to contact Howard Burkhart. Does anyone know how I can reach him? I have a big ole' cottonwood to cut down by a house, and it is a bit too intimidating for me . . . in my dotage.

The L.I.G.H.T. program starts this Sunday. (A one month course on medical missionary stuff.) Brianna is part of the student body. We are as excited as can be to finally have one grandchild come live with us for a month. Imagine.

Christina and Caleb are racing to see who is going to raise enough money to go to Africa with Memere in the spring. I imagine they'll both succeed. What a blast Memere is going to have. Wish I was going with them. (Uhh, I'd better not start that again.)

We got word today. Well, we got the implication that Jason is safe in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Apparently, he got there before others and organized everything. I hope that isn't overstated. In any case, we are happy to hear that perhaps he and his family made it safely through that devastated country.

We've got a couple of fellows cleaning the scrap metal off of EVI. To date, one week, we have sold $3,500 of scrap. One of the guys said that there are fourteen more loads to go. (Nearly $1,000 a load. I hope he's right.)

The fellow who had a week of prayer here last week, Dr. Fred Bischoff, asked if he could post my series on the Prodigal Son on his website. Isn't that nice? It's an honor that he should think it good enough. I thank the Lord.

We had 200 elk in our backyards yesterday. Pretty site, but I don't know what that means for our raspberry shoots. Deniece's house was surrounded last night. They were eating the hay with which she insulates her trailer. She wondered if they were aggressive. I said, open the window and say, "boo." I believe that will work.

Well, that's all that's new at lake Woe-be-gone.

4 comments:

  1. Can't you at least come while Caleb and I are there? When I read this post I absent mindedly started singing ....Sickness, sadness, and despair. People dying everywhere..... Well I guess it's not that bad :-P I know we will have a great time with Memere, but it won't be the same without you!!!
    Stina~bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Caleb was so looking forward to his time with his Pepere. He was looking forward to being with Memere too. He won't be disappointed on that. Still, they'll have a great time. Wish you could go with them for a little while at least. Caleb sure could use your spiritual guidance and Pepere attention for a while. I was really hoping this time with you would help him grow a lot spiritually and in maturity. Oh well, Only God knows what each of us needs. Love ya. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dad, Howard Burkhart is in my list of friends on my facebook profile if you haven't found him yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear decisions were made - we were praying here as well - let us know when your stuff is posted on Dr. Fred's site - i will read them - we are starting meeting at Monique's for a few in Lively - its nice - pray for our group - my mom has been attending and reading Sister Whites stuff and asking questions - Frank can you imagine if she accepts the truth - it scares me and it makes me nervous and so very happy - Sudbury has nothing to offer much and so the group is what is opening the door ......

    ReplyDelete