Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone.

It's 2011 in Colorado and so far the climate is mild. We weathered a storm last week. I feared it would make my trek to Copper Mountain on Sabbath a bit treacherous, but it didn't. Actually, Janet and I got to church an hour early. We had a great time.

This week, Dr. Fred Bischoff from Loma Linda is doing a week-of-prayer on our campus. The guy is a walking encyclopedia on the Spirit of Prophecy. I enjoy asking him questions. His answers are very insightful.

This month, we are having a lifestyle session, starting on the 9th, and a L.I.G.H.T. program, starting on the 23rd. It appeared for the longest time, that we would have two very light programs. (As in unattended.) We've been praying and things are filling up. Praise God.

My wife is helping with the Master Plan and is organizing what it will take to build. She is amazing. Eden Valley is upping the anti on her. At first, we offered to pay her way to Africa twice a year, if she would help us. Now the offer is up to four times a year. Do you think she'll bite? She doesn't do much, but laugh. Actually, she is laughing a lot, lately. Our attempts to keep her strike her as being funny.

I heard her tell Steve Grabiner the other day that she thinks I would be happier at Eden Valley than in Africa. It sounds to me like she thinks I ought to stay here. If truth be told, I wouldn't be unhappy in Africa. I'm happy wherever I am, but it does seem to me like I would accomplish more at Eden Valley. I had decided to go to Africa, and I couldn't un-decide. Now it appears like the consensus is growing that I should stay here. That's what happens when you make decisions before consulting the Lord with much prayer. Because I was feeling so incompetent in 2008, I decided it would be best to resign for leadership. I am not so excited about leadership to this day, but when you have a great team, the picture changes considerably. Who needs to be a great leader, if every player is led by the Lord?

We are still looking for an OCI president. As far as I am concerned, I know only one available qualified person , but it isn't unanimously agreed. All I can say is, God will choose whom He will!

At present, we have a wonderful team at EVI. Not a discordant note in the gang. This, I believe, is what God can bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment