Friday, January 27, 2012

Lite snow, LIGHT school

It's snowing. We are probably having one of the mildest winters ever. Sometimes, we can be outside in tee-shirts, but today it's snowing.

Last weekend, we had an ASI rally in Denver. The ASI chapter president, Jesse Johnson, could not attend because he's had heart surgery. It fell to me to be the master of ceremony. Do you know how nervous that makes me? It's amazing. You'd think that since I preach all the time that I could wrap myself around the little task of introducing someone without too much stress. Not so. All went well anyway. The Lord is having to help me all the time.

This week we finished another lifestyle session. We had at least 15 people. Wonderful. Actually, we didn't have any guests for January. We took risk and offered the session at a drastically reduced rate, and people just came out of the woodwork. We probably lost a bundle. No matter, we think it better to serve someone than to sit around waiting for the next session. The group was special.

I think next month's intake will be normal.

As we are serving in the Lifestyle Center, we also are doing a one-month LIGHT course. Ten students and all day classes. It's a blast. The Lord is sending us really beautiful people, even from as far as Hungary. Imagine that!

While at the GYC meetings a couple of weeks ago, I was greatly inspired by the energy and creativity of the young people. It got my juices running. ASI needs that kind of leadership. (They got me.) Isn't that a corker. Never mind, I'm not the only one on the team. I believe there are great minds among us. So I am calling a meeting of all the past presidents asking them to come up with solutions to our most pressing needs.

1. We have little trouble signing up members, but retention is another story.

2. How do we make our members feel like they belong to an affectionate family?

3. What kind of project can we invest in that will involve the greater number of members?

I've also asked the past presidents to come up with a new idea each as far as a new project is concerned. It will be fun to see what they come up with . . . if anything. Oh, I hope they do.

Blessings to all,

The Preacher to His Tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment