Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dis-ordinary

I managed a weekend without having to speak. Believe it or not, I enjoyed that. I just went to church like an ordinary person. (As a matter of fact, that's what I am--an ordinary Joe.) I suppose preaching doesn't make me dis-ordinary, un-ordinary, or extraordinary either, but it does keep an extra amount of stress on me. The day was peaceful and dreamy. Janet and I watched a Christian movie after Sabbath called "Faith Like Potatoes."It was about a Scottish African farmer who was forced to move from Zambia to South Africa and to start over again. (The movie is based on a true story.) It was quite moving and realistic. The part where the farmer runs over his nephew with his tractor breaks your heart. Anyway, they exemplified faith where the rubber meets the road.

This week I preach in Copper Mountain. Then on Sunday Janet and I take a six-day vacation in Florida--around Tampa. Some friends of ours are letting us use their house. They are farmers in Michigan. The Sunday after that we have a board meeting at Uchee Pines, followed by the OCI Retreat and the Southern Union ASI Chapter. We get home on the 16th of April.

Our Lifestyle Session ends tomorrow. Very interesting. My wife played the role of Director for the past two months. She made wonderful changes and we wish we could keep her. Unfortunately, she is bent on going back to Africa on April 25 for one month. (Better than three.) She will return with Jason till after the National ASI Convention.

There you have it. Even life on the fast track can be boring.

Our Mission team arrives from Dominican Republic tomorrow. They've had a very successful evangelistic thrust. (I can't give numbers yet.)  

I'm trying to prepare a sermon for OCI. Sometimes it just doesn't get easier.

Lean hard on the Lord. When He says, "without Me you can do nothing," He means it.              

So says the Preacher to his Tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment