Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Joshua, Texas

At the ASI Winter Board in Ontario, California, I spoke on the topic of "It is Time . . . To Be About our Father's Business." The upshot is that we are living in the Antitypical Day of Atonement. In the Old Testament that was the day that everyone of God's children "afflicted his/her soul" before God. They searched their hearts to confess and forsake every habit or hint of sin in their lives. They attempted to present Israel as holy before God through the righteousness of Christ. All this prefigured the state of God's people just before the second coming of Christ.

You know, dear ones, it is really hard to preach such messages and not be influenced by the thought. I'm convinced the time has come to be purified of sin in the fullest sense of the word. It is time to bring every habit into line with God's will. It is time to sacrifice every worldly inducement, every worldly ambition, every worldly aspiration to compete for position, things or money. We can't wait until the national Sunday laws are passed to think of internalizing the word of God. Lord, help us.

Last weekend, March 2-4, Janet and I spent at the ASI South West Chapter Convention in Joshua, TX. The whole weekend was very pleasant. There were many personal friends there that we knew from other places. Cute little Monika Moore was there with her husband, Jim. (Some of you might remember Monika from Dunlap TN.) Her parents were there also. Mike and Teresa Zygmunt were there, Ron Wolsey . . .

The speakers were Ron Halverson and John Lomacane??? John L's testimony was awe-inspiring. Amazing life and guidance from God. I got to share what ASI is about and the new things that are happening. It seemed to me a long way to go at great expense just to talk for a few minutes. But I am assured that my presence, as ASI President, is important. (Honestly, my supposed importance escapes me. Besides, I don't know how to act important, do you?--Please advise.)

All is well, anyway. This weekend, we will land in Vienna, (don't get too green with envy) it's Vienna, Virginia. As far as I know, we will be meeting with the smallest chapter in ASI. I believe some people (those who don't have the privilege of traveling so much), would envy my "privilege", but truly, as much as I appreciate the honor, it sure would be a blessing to stay home to walk the mountains a little more.

So says the Preacher to his Tribe.

1 comment:

  1. To look important: take an iPad, check your watch in every 5 minutes and look angry:)
    (Don't do any of these)

    I am just studying your lecture on how God is leading us, I am preaching tomorrow. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete