Friday, June 1, 2012

New York Adventure

I just spent six days one hour north of NewYork City. From the moment I stepped off the plane in La Guardia, and started north I was amazed. I've never seen so  much greenery anywhere. Everything north of the city is veritable jungle. I always thought that Tennessee was super green, but in my present estimation, it takes a back seat to upper New York.

Last year, you might recall, we had a seventeen year old come to EVI for treatments. He came with a bodyguard. The seventeen year old was baptized before he died and the bodyguard who had married the seventeen year old's cousin has since been going to church. He is the one who invited me to preach in NY. He also invited more than thirty of his friends and relatives. A dozen or so came to the Sabbath, 11 o'clock service. I believe more than fifty came on Sabbath.

The meetings were good (I guess) and those who started out with me attended to the end. Very interesting people. One lady was 97 years old. She was the organist. She played a little slow, but it was better than no music.

I'm home again and except for local appointments, I will not venture too far until June 26. I am to be interviewed on 3ABN again. My wife, son and his family will be home on June 4. I can't wait to see those little girls. The fun is about to begin.

I have been home only one weekend since sometime is February. I'm tired of traveling for now. It feels like I am forever putting out second rate material. I don't have time enough to really work something to a higher standard. People are gracious, but I need more time to download God's special messages to His people. I'm worried about the keynote address that is mine to deliver at the ASI Convention. There is but two months left and I haven't begun to think about it. I am also scheduled to do a series on the Holy Spirit in Spokane, WA, in August. That isn't prepared either. On the other hand, the Lord has never let me down. I've never been struck dumb, or have experienced such stage fright that I was paralyzed on stage. I assume my weariness is not wearying the Lord. Therefore, it is  up to Him to supply those needs.

It if wasn't for faith that God will see me through, I'd lose all hope of success. Life is so interesting, but way too busy. Martha, of Martha and Mary fame, was concerned with things that pass away--good things, necessary chores, a busy schedule. But Mary concerned herself with the "one thing needful." She sat at Jesus' feet and absorbed His word, that which alone will endure eternally. That's what I want, don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment