Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dom Rep

I'm sitting in a hotel restaurant in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. It's the only place I can find WiFi for free. Barbara Taylor, Leasa Hodges and I are here to do a New Beginnings DVD training.

The training went well. Having never participated, I was kind of left to do my blind best. I made a couple of gaffs, which I can see and admit, but my self-justifying nature can argue quite effectively. I decided not to make things worse. The people, 500 of them, were super receptive. At the end of the program the great majority committed to use their new material to do evangelism within one month.

Today, we were suppose to have a board meeting with the Country Life project, but because Steven Leach is getting married this weekend, the board was cancelled and we are left to do next to nothing.  We have an appointment for lunch with the Conference President, Pastor Leher. He has new ideas in relation to the Country Life Ministry. Pastor Leher is the board Chairman. We will hear him out, but frankly, I'm not so encouraged with the Country Life prospects. I love Ydis and Maudlyn and Rebecca, but in my mind, it is beginning to feel like time to call it a day. We'll see.

Anyway, the weather is pleasant, the ambiance is soothing, the rest is welcome (I slept eleven hours last night.) I preached Friday night at a young doctor's baptism. I had prepared a sermon for it, but when the time came, which was exhausted by everyone else, I decided to preach from the top of my head on a totally different subject. (It was after nine.) I was surprised at what God will do with nothing.

I was suppose to preach at the eleven o'clock service on Sabbath, also. Again, I got squeezed out because we had more material than time. I was ok with it. Who needs the extra stress.

Next week I will be in New York doing a week of prayer. It's a great life, but what will the fruit be of all this "work." If feels like shooting in the night and hoping to hit something. In the end, I have no choice. I must leave it with God to do the aiming.

I will see my wife, Jason and his family in two weeks. What a blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment