Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall News

I wouldn't let time pass like I do if my life wasn't so crammed with fun things. Well, with things, anyhow. I keep reading Angie's blog and my, what photography. I like to use pictures too, but I forget to take pictures when it would count most, and when it doesn't, I remember. So the pictures in this blog are of trees on the way to DayStar, cars in our church parking lot at Convention time (which you can hardly see), and the Dettman family from Michigan. (Thy came to Convention and did a pile of work. So good were they that we are hiring one of their daughters, Ruthie, to work in our wellness kitchen.




Our Convention was a huge success. As you remember, this year is Eden Valley's 50th Anniversary. For that reason, many, many people came to celebrate with us. Three hundred and fifty people, approximately.

Another reason they came was that Shawn Boonstra was the main speaker. Steven Grabiner did an amazing job with the message he gave also. Twenty five thousand dollars was raised for EVI and its projects on that weekend. A few days later, a check came thru' the mail with another $10,000. The Lord is blessing.

Our board meeting was smooth and peaceful. No issues, no arguments, no reproaches. All was great. We finished early. Out Conference President, Pastor Gary Thurber did the devotional. He told a story about himself, which revealed his genuine humility. I truly appreciate this man. (By the way, I've got another job. I've been voted on the Rochy Mountain Conference Executive Committee. Actually, I'm excited about it. I've always wondered what these Conference employees talk about. What I really wonder is what I'll have to contribute. I should call John for some tips.) 

My wife has her hydro electric engineer and his team at her place. They are going to install two plants, and her kitchen cabinets. My wife, like her mother before her, is in bliss when she has a team of workers advancing her cause. 

The DayStar board went as smooth as the EVI board. As a matter of fact, we finished early there too, and we got home by 7:30 PM. The DayStar farm had an amazing year. They sold $247,000 worth of produce. With that they made $70,000 profit and they still have $80,000 worth of wheat and hay to sell. Wonderful. But it isn't enough to carry a whole academy. Something more needs to happen. They've got great kids this year. I think they'll end well.

Our new sign is up, but it still needs to be engraved. As soon as it is, I'll post a picture. I think it will look great.

Two or our staff resigned last week. They need to find work to pay their school debts. We will miss them sorely. We are suppose to have a new doctor coming in sometime this week. 

In three weeks I start an evangelistic effort based on the Sanctuary. Do pray for us. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - lot's of good news Frank. When I think back to the situation of 2008, I'm just amazed how the Lord has blessed this place!

    Ok, and now you have another part-time job - as if you are not busy enough yet. Well, you know that this is not a reproach of course. You do what you want anyway :-).

    ReplyDelete