Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Everyday with Jesus is a Good Day.

I have a friend, 82 or 83, going on 100, who repeats wise sayings ad infinitum. His favorite is, "Everyday with Jesus is a good day." Yes sir, that's how I feel, too. The world seems to be falling apart very quickly, but I don't care. Jesus says there is a time when God's people will be so full of God's Spirit that the whole world will be enlightened with the glory of His Character. Rev. 18:1. It's hard to believe that that can happen at a time when the world seems to be disintegrating, but it will happen. "For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea." Hab. 2:14. (See also Isa. 60: 1-5 and Rev. 18:1.)

Life goes on at Eden Valley. My wife came from Africa thinking to find some peace and rest. It wasn't to be. We dumbed a huge burden on her shoulders--the measure of our confidence in her. She reluctantly accepted challenge, but it has sometimes left her so stressed-out that she can't sleep. In the end, however, she is doing a great job. Things are coming together wonderfully. It never would have happened had she not been here to take the lead. (Amazing isn't it? As far as leadership is concerned, I've always gotten the title, but she is the one that gets things done. Powerful.) It's no wonder God chose her to build an institution in Africa. He knew the material He had to work with. I'm proud of her.

Our children are all like her--can-do people. Jason was elected Director of Kibidula Farm Inst. in Tanzania. It's a huge responsibility with all kinds of potential for heartache and headache. Nevertheless, I believe in him. He'll do fine if he leans heavy on the Lord. The first year will not be a honeymoon. If he can organize himself a staff that harmonizes with each other and with the Lord, he'll be alright. If his staff resist everything he tries to do, or, if the staff are at each other's throats, it will be very difficult to succeed.

The Lord is giving me some good sermons on R. by F. in relation to the Third Angel's Message. I am encouraged. I was suppose to speak today, but our Pastor, Paul Eagan, offered to address the staff. I have a sermon ready for Sabbath in the Estes Park Church.

OCI asked me to do a seminar on topics I know little about at the OCI Retreat in Romania. Because I hate to say no for fear of denying the Lord, I will do it. Lord help me. I have too many requests to preach around the world. This week, Mount Akagi in Japan asked if I would do some meetings in June, so did Miracle Meadows in Virginia and a doctor in Kentucky. All that is added to Ukraine twice, Romania, and Germany. I keep saying I'm going to say no, but I'm too soft. On the other hand, EVI can't sustain an absentee President for very long.

Sylvan Dale, a dude ranch over the mountain, is asking if they can pasture their 120 animals on our upper meadow. The folks who run a rock quarry close to us want to negotiate over our granite. Janet needs their help to load her container on a semi, when it is ready and Leasa wants a big flat rock from them to make a really nice sign for the entrance of our property.

I was talking to Gail Clark of Miracle Meadows this morning. She wants me to do some revival meetings for her staff. I asked about her husband. He's had cancer, Leukemia, forever. Yet, he lives on. She says Green Tea Extract is really helping him a lot. He seems to be recovering. He also does a fever therapy treatment daily.

I've been looking to trade my car in. Ugh! It's a love/hate feeling in my soul. Nothing is more fun than shopping for a newer car, but if I am perfectly honest, I know that my old car might last another year. It has 165,000 miles on it. My wife, always the practical one, says it may last a year, but it will lose its trade-in value in the process. Maybe. Maybe not. They are offering me $1,000 for it now. I found a VW Passat with only 64,000 miles on it, and wonder of wonders, it's a standard shift. (I won't have anything other than stick shift.) So, I am tempted, but oh, to empty my account for a car, yuk! Is that God's will? I'm praying.

Blessings to all,

The Preacher

No comments:

Post a Comment