Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Toothache

We are home after a two-week vacation. It was a blast visiting with Angie and Steve and their five children. Not all children however. Vanessa is 17 and going to college. Brianna is 16 and well on the way to outworking all of us. Christina is 13 going on 24, for hight anyway.

The second week was hardly a vacation. I preached 10 times--sermons I had only ever preached once. It'a a lot of work to wrap my head around half familiar yet unrefined material. Not all the sermons were winners, as far as I am concerned. But everyone was gracious.

I had a toothache for the better part of one week. Actually, I think I've had a toothache for the better part of ten years, but I've learned to keep my teeth from aching by rinsing my mouth with hydrogen peroxide once of twice a day. My understanding is that hydrogen peroxide kills bacteria and bacteria is responsible for much of the pain. However, after ten years of dodging the bullet, there was no more I could do. Dr. Richard Mehrer did me the honor of pulling my tooth. It was cracked from top to bottom. The man is the best dentist in the business. No pain, no problems.

We are back in Eden Valley. Today we have four bosses from Maranatha looking our place over to ascertain the extent of the construction they face. So, excuse me, I have to go.

2 comments:

  1. Mom could have pulled it for free! :) Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, well the only pliers we had were kind of greasy... and the only pain killer in the house is advil.

    ReplyDelete