Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Re-take

After the last post, three people, everyone a child of mine, told me what to do to retrieve the lost blog. So, here it is. It's a repeat of yesterday's offering.

It feels like spring. I swear this is the shortest winter in my memory. When I was young, it seemed winter never relaxed its grip. (Of course, we were living in Northern Ontario. The other factor is my age. Everything is going by in a blur these days.) Nevertheless, I can smell spring in the air. Its suppose to be 70 degrees Fahrenheit tomorrow.

On the weekend, my Lover and I, with another couple, the Stevensons from Australia, went to Copper Mountain to church and then proceeded to go to DayStar Academy in Utah. We arrived on time for a concert by Marie Grace. This young Philippino lady has only one hand and a stub of an arm on the right. She plays the piano like a concert pianist. Absolutely amazing.

The next day, Mission Projects, Inc. (MPI) had a board meeting. That is the reason we went to DayStar. These people support my wife's project in Africa by paying for two Bible Workers. My wife gave a great report and I had the privilege of doing a report for Riverside Farms Pioneers. I actually enjoyed that even though I've been away from RFI for 13 years. We got home at 11:30 PM that night.

Today I rec'd two calls to preach. One from Japan and one from Kentucky. The folks from Kentucky, Dr. Naren James and Hannah and Chantie, are staying at EVI for a couple of weeks. He was a Lifestyle guest four years ago. They've come back for more treatments and a vacation of sorts. In any case, they'd like me to do some revival meetings at their church before the evangelistic series they are planning. Mount Akagi in Japan want me for five days. I'll have to run this by my Executive Committee.

My Secretary, Frances Martin, retired this week. She is 86 years young. We will keep her at EVI as long as she is able to care for herself, which I believe will be a long time. Praise God.

My wife is buying tickets to return to Africa. Four tickets, Caleb 11, Christian 13, Deniece and Janet. The adventure is about to begin. Hope our dear kids don't get homesick.

The central theme of the Bible
"Cease ye from man whose breadth is in his mouth." Isa. 2:22. "Cursed is the man that trusts in man . . . Blessed is the man who trusts the Lord." Jer. 17:5-7.

I've finally figured out that this is the connection between righteousness by faith and the third angel's message of Rev. 14. Throughout the Bible there is a great controversy between man made religion and God's church, between righteousness by faith in man's works and righteousness by faith in God's gift. Authority is the issue. Cain wanted to be conscience for Abel, but Abel would not be controlled by a mere man. His allegiance was to God and God's ways alone. The Pharisees were bent on being authority and conscience for all, including Jesus. The Popes ruled with extreme violence the consciences of the populace of Europe during the Dark Ages. During the 1888 Minneapolis, George I Butler determined to command all his pastors to rule against Jones and Waggoner, and they followed. Instead of thinking objectively; instead of thinking for themselves, they placed Butler where God should have been.

And there will come a time when the mark of Cain (of the Beast) will be placed on the foreheads or on the hands of those who put their trust in men. "Cease ye from man whose breadth is in his nostrils." Isa 2:22

So says the Preacher to his Tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment