Monday, June 13, 2011

Hail, Hail the Damage is All Done.

I was just looking at Angie's gardening blog. Wonderful! it isn't so wonderful at EVI, however. We had a half-hour hail storm the other night. The storm devastated our exposed farm crops, but not only that, we have sixty plus Maranatha workers here and everyone suffered damage on their cars and RV's. My car is all dented, and so is my wife's car--everybody's. The good thing in this bad thing is that no one, not one soul complained. Everyone just picked up and went to work the next day. Some of these dudes drive Lincolns and fancy sports cars and beautiful big Macho Trucks. No complaints. Impressive really.

The work is progressing very quickly. These folks are mostly older, but there seems to be none lagging behind.

I'm am preaching to my lifestyle guests in the morning, and to the Maranatha people in the evening. The rest of the time, I'm running to keep the leaders from getting frustrated. Not everyone has patience for their forte. Leasa says he must be constipated. She aims to fix him a drink to solve the problem.

Today we had a meeting with the man who drew us an architectural plan of our new Lifestyle Center. (Greek to me.) Well, I can tell which room is which and I can see the layout, but when they begin talking of structural stuff, I'm lost. Frankly, (cause that's my name) I hate being in the dark. Maybe I don't hate being in the dark, maybe I hate that I am not interested when I am suppose to be. When I was a little boy, a road grader couldn't drive by that the neighborhood boys wouldn't run out to watch it grade the road. I couldn't figure what was suppose to be interesting about that. (I still don't know.)

Is there something wrong with me? (Actually, I couldn't care less.) I'm interested in enough things without being interested in everything. What about you?

Till next time, The Preacher to his Tribe.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the hail damage. I hope things on the farm can be replanted. And I don't think you need to be worried about not being interested in structural details as long as you have such a good team by your side taking care of these things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have hail damage on my van that were as a result of a storm in Chattanooga TN when i was at Southern not so long ago - the damage is so deep they cannot repair without making more damage - ah well .... at least no one was hurt - by the way NOTHING is wrong with you

    ReplyDelete