Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Positive Activity

I've been home for a week. The place, EVI, is buzzing with activity. Maranatha workers are beginning to arrive already. (They start work next week.) Pastor Dan Gabbert, from Black Hills, is here to give us a seminar on Christian Counseling. His material is more than great. I wish I could imbibe it fully. It is so practical and spiritually sound.

We traveled to DayStar Academy on Sunday for a board meeting. DayStar is doing great. The farm, and the greenhouses are beautiful. (I looked at ours today also. Wow, I was impressed with them too.) They (DayStar) did lose their fruit to late frost. Too bad. They have wonderful fruit there usually. Nevertheless, they are projecting a very optimistic farming season. As for their student enrollment, they have more interest and applications than ever before. Mostly, that is Alexa Hernandez's doing. She and her husband are amazing promoters. Besides, she uses the web to great advantage. Chris Anderson, the new President, is very creative and energetic. When I go to visit, I am more and more impressed with his abilities. I believe he will succeed wildly, if he stays close to the Lord. DayStar is negotiating with Dr. Michael Duerksen. The man seems to be very accomplished in the realm of Rescue and Relief. He is very spiritual and well connected. He wants to involve DayStar as a base for training young people in Disaster Relief and Rescue. The board is looking into the possibilities.

At home, we are gearing up for Maranatha. If my wife had not been here ahead of us, I think we'd be lost in an organizational mess. She did a great job. I believe she's left us with everything in place, but the actual labor. The shingles are off nearly all of the eleven roofs we are to replace. I feels like we are ahead of the curve. Did I mention that the County approved our Master Plan? It's all a go. Praise God. It feels like we were just given a wonderful miracle. It was unbelievably easy. In times past, it was like pulling teeth. Could it be the financial meltdown is playing in our favor? The Counties dare not hamper any construction for fear of making the economy worse. Even that, I think, was organized by God to favor EVI. What an arrogant thought! Forgive me, but I think God does things like that for me all the time. Not because of me, but because He is just so powerful and loving, and I believe He'll do that for me, and, He keeps me believing.

Doesn't God do stuff like that for you? Believe and doubt not . . . for you, anything.

Oh, just a word on jet lag. I suffered the worse jet lag ever in Ukraine. Back home, I've suffered none at all, zip! Usually, coming from Eastern Europe I will wake up at midnight, then one, than two, then three etc, and then I come apart around four in the afternoon. Not this time. (Forgive me for saying so, my dear health reformers) but I took Tylenol PM four nights in a row and I slept four full nights in a row. It does wonders against jet lag. No drowsiness either. Worth it??? You bet.

That's it for now. Pray without ceasing because "only that which is done with much prayer will in the end prove to be efficient for good." DA 362 Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment