Friday, June 24, 2011

Much Accomplished

It's been an amazing three weeks. (The three weeks ends next Wednesday, June 29.) The Maranatha builders are accomplishing an great amount a work for us. They are all the while very pleasant and loving. I wish you could all see the facelift that's happened to EVI.

In the meantime, they sometime run me off my feet. Not so bad actually, I was braced to run and it turns out I have been able to accomplish all I needed to accomplish for them and for myself as well. While they are here, we managed to finish preparing our next Faith Ventures Magazine. I even managed, yesterday, to write the first draught of my next editorial. Now I must start pushing others to do as well.

I preach every morning to our lifestyle guests, and every evening to the Maranatha crew. The Maranatha people had asked that I speak for about twenty minutes every night. They didn't want to go longer because they'd be really tired. Last night I spoke for one hour and they showed no sign of wanting me to stop. The Lord is really blessing.

We have a young man here as a lifestyle guest who is only 17 years old. He has terminal cancer, fourth stage. His chances are non-existent except for what the Lord might choose to do. He's been with us for three months now. (We don't usually keep anyone that long, but our hearts are going out to him.) We've decided to keep him as long as it takes. (It might take forever.) Yet, there is good news. Our doctors sent the last C.A.T. scan to the boy's surgeon in Pennsylvania. We were under the impression that one of his tumors had grown from four centimeters to seven centimeters, but it turns out, according to the surgeon, that the tumors barely budged from their previous sizes. To me it is like the little cloud Eligah saw when looking for rain. He knew what God was up to, and so do I.

Another of our lifestyle guests drew me aside to ask about baptism. She lives in Minnesota so I can't follow her too closely, but who knows, maybe I can do something by phone or skype. Wouldn't that be innovative?

Jason lost his passport on route to help his mom, or while helping her. In any case, he is in Dar Es Salaam trying the Canadian embassy for help. We'll see what happens next. He only has a month to get a passport to come to the ASI convention in Sacramento, CA.

While working on my house, the Maranatha people disturbed my pet snake. Actually, it turns out there was two snakes. I've seen one of the snakes once or twice per year for the passed two years. It seems one of the snakes got hurt while they were breaking the cement of my old sidewalk. The snakes were underneath. There was probably one hundred eggs there also. This week, I've seen the other snake twice at the place where they had their nest. She (I assume it to be a she) is looking for her eggs, I think. Otherwise, she is just coming to say hello. I nearly jumped on top of her yesterday. I came out the door and jumped the two feet to the group, and the poor mrs. snake was there. She jumped one foot to one side and I to the other.

Pastor Jim Brackett preached twice for us this week also. I always enjoy listening to him. He forgot his glasses at both meetings and had to run back to get them, Then when he left EVI, he set his computer down and drove off without it. I had to call him and both of us had to drive twenty miles to make the rendez-vous. Hmm! Do you think he's get old? Yea, about as old as me.

Till next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment