Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's Time , , , To Be About Our Father's Business

I just returned from my first ASI Fall Retreat. Eleven of us gathered at Denzil and Donna McNeilus' home to do business. For some of the meals, George and Shari McNeilus, Garwin and Merrilee and Pat McNeilus joined us. Also a young couple that lives nearby. It was a very relaxing weekend (On one level.)

On another level, I was a bitstressful. I was told that I needed to take charge. (That is totally against my temper-mental makeup.) But, I chose to take charge and do it. I pretty well made up my mind to be myself and to participate fully in the program.

For recreation, we visited Pat McNeilus' steel operation and Garwin's One Day Church factory. Very impressive. More impressive, maybe I should say as impressive is Merrilee's shell collection. All that aside, we actually got a lot of work accomplished.

The most exciting piece of work was the theme for the next two years: "It is Time . . . To be about Our Father's Business." I delivered all the devotional meetings and in them I explained my vision for ASI. It was well rec'd and with that we formulated the title. My task now is to write an article, and sent it to the ASI magazine and the Review and whoever else might print it. When we choose our speakers for the next convention, we will expect the speakers to align themselves with the theme, but they will have the freedom to determine what is our Father's business in this late day and speak to the issue. I think it is genius. (No, I didn't come up with the concept, but since I am in charge, maybe I should take the credit. Not!) The Lord guided us through.

I'm getting excited. Imagine. I sincerely believe God will do something special with ASI in the coming days. Why else would He choose less than the least of all saints to be President?

So prays the Preacher for his Tribe.

Marilee McNeilus is an expert collector of sea shells.







She has amazing things in her collection


We visited Garwin McNeilus' One Day Church factory


Pat McNeilus' steel processing plant.


Steel comes in rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment