Monday, September 5, 2011

ASI is God's Problem

Sorry it's been so long. Lots to do and nothing happening. Well, I suppose anything can be interesting if it is written well. (Now we need to look for someone who writes well.)

Hey, did you all read Jason's blog of Sept. 3. Wow! The driving scene is like an action movie and the star of the movie saved the day. Things like that should happen to liven up things in my dotage.

Restoration Intl' just shared their third annual family camp meeting at EVI. The attendance was down a little. Labor day weekend is a factor; school started for some, is another. The economy isn't helping anyone, etc. Whatever. Everyone appeared to have a great time.

Many of our staff went up to the meadow for a corn roast last week. The corn was awesome, the fellowship, even better. We have a great family here at EVI.

I've been going up the mountain to pray quite often, lately. This ASI presidency weighs heavy on me. Not because of the extra work. It hasn't been anything to speak of yet, but I truly feel incapable of meeting my leadership responsibilities. For example: I am to lead the way. I am to come up with a vision that will inspire the ASI members into action. Well, I am the most un-visionary character you ever met. However, I am in position, therefore, God has to be my vision. Period. If God doesn't come through, then forget me.

Also, I need to speak three times in Las Vegas on the 16th of Sept through to the 18th, on health evangelism. Not exactly my forte, but praise God. I prepared one sermon today. Truth is, I'm going to pray my way through this. I'll let you know as God works.

An elk in our neighbors yard. We have elks in our field every day.

This is our own EVI Michelle. Meechee and I are great friends,


My wife in the mountains. I put her on an airplane yesterday. As I write, she is about four hours from landing in Dar Es Salaam. I'll miss her. She comes home in Dec and I intend to visit her in Nov.

This is the headstone for the young fella who died at EVI August 16. May we all die the death of the righteous.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that ASI is God's problem Frank. As for the vision, I'll recommend you to internalize hymn number 547:

    Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
    Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
    Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
    Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

    Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
    I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
    Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
    Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

    Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
    Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
    Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
    High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

    High King of Heaven, my victory won,
    May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
    Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
    Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

    P.S.: You are getting better at taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may feel weight, but I see a glorious morning, sir. It's the moment we think we're something at all that we become useful for nothing. God be thanked for quiet moments on the mountain...
    I should tell you we're still singing our new theme song in this house...
    "All things work together for good. All things..." ;)

    ReplyDelete