Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just Put your Fingers on the Keys

Jet-lag again! It's 5:30 P.M. and I feel like going to bed only I am determined to blog more often. I'm trying to encourage Julie to just write. So, I am just writing. The way I see it, if you put your fingers on the keyboard words will just start running out the ends. It's true, I am experiencing it right now.

I got back from South Korea the night before last. I left Friday and returned Monday. Quick trip. I should have given myself a few more days. There were places I could have visited that would have been a blessing to them, as well as for me.

I preached three times at a self-supporting convention. (Imagine going to Korea to preach three sermons). Last year, about 95 people attended--mostly people who had been connected to self-supporting work in times past. This year, there was at least 130 people, including the Union and Conference presidents. Since last year, the Koreans have organized themselves into what they call OCK (Outpost Centers Korea). Amazingly, they are planning to invade Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, and Japan. They plan to spend $50,000 in literature for Japan. It's amazing. I wish I could help these folks.

The three or four present institutions in Korea were started by Eden Valley many years ago. We've neglected them for years now. I think it is because we changed leadership too often at EVI. We should do more.

Last year, I visited Gilead Valley (Lifestyle Center), Achine, now closed and Eden Valley Restaurant in Seoul. This year, I visited Waldensian Valley Academy. Korea is one rugged country. It is mountains from one end to the other. The people resemble the country--rough and ready.

There you are Ju. Just put your fingers on the keys.

1 comment:

  1. It works for me :-)
    I can sit down and write about nothing and people actually read it.

    ReplyDelete