Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Big Tubing

Every day is a big adventure for the Ford, McPherson, and Fournier clan. Today, we went to the Icicle River, well named, and threw in our tubes, canoes and air mattresses. It was great for the kids. We saw a bear and lots of salmon. When I saw the bear (the biggest seen in these parts, according to Nessa.) I yelled, "Hey, there's a bear." The bear ran away and I got a blast for scaring the critter. Can't blame a guy for getting excited when he sees a bear, can you? For the others, well, they saw me. It's better than only seeing the man who saw the man who saw the bear.

Yesterday, was Steve's birthday. Today, is Angie and Steve's wedding anniversary. Congratulations for nineteen years of near constant bliss. I offered to babysit if they wanted to go on a date tonight. Angie says that Steve's idea of a date is to climb a mountain. She had enough of that yesterday. At least we are having lasagna for suppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment