Monday, August 30, 2010

Big Weekend

Just came off of another big weekend. Leasa Hodges, the Waggoners, the Emersons and I went to Goodland, Kansas to do a health weekend. We had a great time. At least, I did. All I had to do was preach the sermon on Sabbath, and run the errands for the team. I did make a couple of recipes. It took me three to four hours to make a candy dish. Then, I brought some of the candy home, but I had to eat the wax paper it was wrapped in, it was so sticky. So yummy, by the way, that I ate the paper and all.

Dr. Emerson gave exceptionally good lectures on health. Brent Waggoner is very good as well, and humorous. The ladies did a cooking school on Sunday. The food was great, as was all else. Wish I had pictures for you.

Four of us stayed at the Pastor's house. The couple were very hospitable. Our rooms were in the basement of the house, and there was no windows in the rooms. It was pitch dark, day and night. That is so ideal for sleeping. Not so great for air, but sleep, hmmm, mm!

Talked to my Lover this morning. It's so terribly dusty over there that she is coming down with bronchitis. Jason is there with his family. He put one roof on in two days. Tomorrow, he expects to put two more roofs on. That will make his mother happy.

The Baumans leave for Africa on the first of September with twelve trunks and four bikes. The house they will occupy isn't ready yet, in Africa, but it shouldn't be too long. I hope they are tough. It will be fun to follow the progress.

Dad

1 comment:

  1. I stopped in on the Bauman's big going away shindig since I was in that part of the country for a wedding. It seemed like there were going to be a lot of people there. I didn't see the the Baumans anywhere. . .

    ReplyDelete