Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Melancholy

I got word that Jason arrived in Dar early today. I guess we may safely assume he reached home as well. It was an exceptional gift that God gave me, if you think about it. The circumstances had to be just right for my son and I to spend three weeks together. An amazing blessing to me. We put more than 10,000 km on my old van. We crossed the USA diagonally, from Florida to Washington State. We climbed mountains, went swimming, attended ASI, loaded a container for my wife's project and visited with Angie and Julie with eight grandchildren and then, as quickly as the blessing came, the blessing left. We said goodbye at the airport and we walked away. I must admit, however, that a huge melancholy settled on my soul. Urgh! It was hard to walk away. But never mind, I bounced back up and work now occupies my every minute.

This weekend, a team of Eden Valley-ites will drive to Goodland, Kansas to do a health emphasis weekend. I will do the 11 o'clock sermon on Sabbath. Leonard and I were suppose to bus down to Mexico next week, but we've cancelled the trip. It's too hairy down there now.

I have to make my way to Wildwood at the end of Sept. to meet with folks from Ukraine. We, Markus, Steven, and myself, are trying to solve some ethical issues with our dear brethren.

Tonight is graduation at our lifestyle center. I've got half an hour to prepare a short talk. Got to go.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming for a visit. We're already looking forward to week of prayer!

    ReplyDelete