Friday, August 20, 2010

In Heat and Loving it.

The fun continues. As you know, we all went tubing two days ago. Unfortunately, Venessa lost her retainer. (The thing that holds her teeth together.) Yesterday, we went on a search and retrieve mission. We found nothing. We all prayed before we went, and yet, I couldn't muster up the faith to believe we could find a little retainer in one kilometer of river. I searched the beach where we ate while the others swam the cold waters of the river.

When it was all over, the swimmers were frozen. Seeing I was dry and hot, and that I had given Jason my shirt because of the hyperthermia, the kids came to put the ice-cube hands on my hot body. Caleb said he came to me to warm up because "Pepere was in heat." Very perceptive.

Because it was Caleb's birthday, we all ate at Taco Bell. Where else could you feed thirteen people for less than $40. Today, we are just laying around. I preach tomorrow, and on Sunday, Jason and I hit the trail for the last trip of the vacation. Again, we need to travel 1300 miles in one day. On Monday, Jason flies to his lover. Wish I was., I'm in heat, remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment