Monday, October 18, 2010

Little Newsy things

In two days I fly to Brazil. I was asked by Markus Yaudas to take his spot in speaking at a small convention in Manaus. That normally would be a rest of sorts, except that I fly a red-eye overnight to Brazil and I get the privilege of waiting or sightseeing in Sao Paulo for ten or eleven hours the next day. I hope I am in shape to preach on Friday and Sabbath. I return on Monday. I've never been to Brazil. I anticipate an exciting adventure, maybe.

I was talking to Julie the other day. She's got all kinds of news, but hasn't got time to blog, so I get to scoop her this time. 1. Caleb was baptized on Sabbath. Ziggy would like to be baptized also, but his mom convinced him that he is too young still. Jacob is sure he isn't ready. Caleb is still looking forward to going to Africa next year with me. 2. Julie and Art bought a house north of Whitehorse, two and one half acres juxtaposed against a game park. 3. Janice Schnurr is visiting at Julie's for a couple of weeks. 4. Julie says the first Bruce's airplane was found. The only trouble is, they found it ten years ago and they tried to keep it quiet. Finally, the cat was let out of the bag. Go figure! 5. Julie says that Champ just got out of the hospital after having appendicitis surgery. I hope he contacts me soon about preaching at his church. I'm thinking of getting my wife a ticket for late November if he does.

More news:
a) Apparently, Jason Aggio called Patty LaVanture to tell her that his dad, Romeo, had a major stroke. Not expected to live.
b) I attended a meeting by Lewis Walton at Campian last Sabbath afternoon. Very good. I'm convinced the economy will not rebound. I believe we have entered the beginning of the small time of trouble.
c) We have a doctor from Poland with us at EVI. Yesterday, I invited her and Mavis Nusser to the Zoo in Denver. It took four hours to go through that Zoo. It was 80 degrees. Summer persists in Colorado.

A few minutes ago, I rec'd a phone call from Kim Busl. He sits on a search committee looking for a president for the EBS school in Norway. The call was for Leasa Hodges. She doesn't think God calls a person to one place only to uproot her to another before the job is done. Amen!

There are several search committees busy these days. One for the president of OCI, EVI, Kibidula, and EBS. Want a job?? Apply here.

No comments:

Post a Comment