Sunday, October 10, 2010

Talk Too Much

Easy week. We are in the middle of a good lifestyle session (fifteen guests). One little scare: A lady slipped in the fever tank and her son threatened to sue?? The next day, she was fine. Leasa hurt her back. Sometimes she can hardly walk. We can't afford for her to be hurt. The weather has turned cold, but not unseasonable. Leasa, Leonard, Roger Hatch, the Maranatha Chief builder, and I went to visit a retirement center in Denver. We wanted to see what our new Lifestyle Center will potentially look like. I was suppose to wire my wife $20,000 and I misfired. I'll send it Monday. She needed it sooner than that.

In 12 days I leave for Brazil. I'm stressed a little over the fact that I still need three more sermons. On the other hand, the Lord never lets me down. So, I'll see what He does.

Today, I drove the lifestyle guests to visit the Celestial Seasoning factory. It'a beautiful place and quite enlightening--Canada is its biggest foreign market; Sleeytime Tea is its hottest seller; this one factory supplies the whole world.; and white, green, and black tea are all bad for you, because the difference is only in the amount of caffeine.

I learned something, being a leader. The only way to win a war is to avoid one. Because of the Board Meeting, things necessarily need to get adjusted. When people are asked to leave, it is always painful. People are not asked to leave without a reason, but the discussing of it can easily turn into an accuse and counter accuse situation. Why do we think in terms of blame? It isn't always someone's fault. In any case, there are adjustments to be made. Now, here is what I learned: "Where there are many words, there is no want of sin." This is a paraphrase of a Bible verse in Proverbs, I think. It's so true. I had to apologize this week because I am not faultless in my dealing with people. I talk too much. Do you?

So says the Preacher to his tribe.

2 comments: