Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bummer

I hate to extend the time between blogs too long. If everyone is like I am, then everyone gets frustrated when they hear little to nothing.

We had a Convention on the weekend. Pastor Peter Neri from the Paradise Church in Las Vegas spoke. I believe he is the best speaker we've had. Very, very spiritual and his messages are wonderfully applicable. The attendance didn't seem to be as many as last year, nevertheless, we had a great group of people. I sensed the Lord's blessing.

On Sunday, we had a Board Meeting. It is perhaps one of the most stressful boards I've attended. I usually find a board meeting stressful when I get beat up, but this time I didn't get beat up. It is just that I came to the place where I felt I couldn't go any farther with one of my departments, and it meant asking someone to leave. With some people, esp. the people you appreciate the most as friends, it is so hard. These kinds of situations do not promote good relationships. In any case, I dug in my heels and did what I genuinely felt I had to do. I prayed so much about this and I saw no other solution.

Afterward, we drove to DayStar Academy. The board there was a breadth of fresh air. The new leader has arrived on campus. This year's students are beautiful and easygoing. The farm invested $31k and expects to gross $110k when the 12,000 bales of hay are sold. I am greatly encouraged. Daniel Butler and Stephen Leach were on the board as invitees. They were both voted in as members. Daniel wants to pray about it. I enjoyed the contributions they made.

We have a new Lifestyle Session going on. This group seems so quiet compared to the group we had last month. This will be a rest for us.

News:
Linda Horner is courting Michael "Tigh-tee". He is a Wildwood-ite. I had breakfast with him last April. He is very well groomed, looks like a businessman, and gives me the impression of being just a little exacting. Perhaps I'm wrong. I wish them well.

Michelle and Yuli are with me one more day. We've had a good time. The kids and I are the best of friends, i.e. the big kids and the little kids too. We were talking this morning and Yuli says he's like to come back and stay too months next year. I appreciate the whole gang. I think Yuli is convicted that he needs to do something more than he is doing for Jesus, besides leaving the big city.

Talked to my Lover this morning. She is sorry that she can't come in November. Some woman is coming from the Yukon to be with her. She was doubly sorry when I told her I might be doing a series of meetings in the Soo, in November. Boy, what a bummer. Otherwise, all is well with her and me. Bummer!

1 comment:

  1. please let us know when in the SOO and will try to be there

    ReplyDelete