Thursday, October 28, 2010

Not Enough to do!

I got a ticket for my wife to come home on Dec. 14 and arrives on the 15th. I tried to get her to come home with Deniece on the 22nd of December, but there were no seats. With the travel agent we began to work our way backwards in time and finally we found one seat on the 14th. When I told her, she said she was so glad. If she would have had to wait till the 22nd, she said she would have cried. I told her to hold her tears. I've been crying for months and nobody cares.

On the way to Brazil, I read a book called "Left to Tell." It is the story of a girl who spent three months in a small bathroom with six other women during the Rwanda genocide. On the way back from Brazil, I watched a PBS documentary on the Rwandan genocide. So heart breaking. Yet, there was heroism among the few and a strong connection with God with some. It was both inspiring and maddening by fits and starts. I recommend both the book and the documentary.

Romeo Aggio is dead. As far as I can tell, he was having headaches for a couple of weeks. One day, he suffered a stroke while driving and drove into a field. Apparently, he never came to. He died in hospice. The conference secretary who told Patty LaVanture said that Romeo was in great shape and was very careful with his diet, et al. Go figure!

My dear energetic Vice-president, Leasa, organized for me to preach three sermons at the Nation ASI Convention in Sacramento, CA next August. The last time I preached at ASI, I told myself I shouldn't preach there again. It is just too stressful. But, how can a President say no to his VP? She wants me to preach on Righteousness by Faith and the Third Angel's Message. Her question a few weeks ago was: Why does EGW say the 3rd Angel's Message is R by F in verity and all our evangelists do is preach on the Mark of the Beast. Where is the R by F in the Third Angel? Now you must pray for me. It would be good if I could prepare the three sermons before Xmas. Then, I need them printed in a booklet to hand out at ASI. Doesn't that sound like a plan? (All Leasa's ideas. The Lord sent her because I didn't have enough to do.)

1 comment:

  1. You're coming to me??!! Will you stay with us? Or do you have other family/friends you stay with?

    ReplyDelete