Monday, July 4, 2011

Lots to do

All the Maranatha workers are gone. They did a great job. What a blessing that my Vice-president has such good contacts. We hope to do it again before too long. We want to get started on our new Lifestyle Center. If you have a million dollars or part thereof, please send it our way.

All the windows are replaced at my house and the siding and the house is newly painted. It looks grand. Now, all I have to do is clean up an inch of dust on everything. Never mind, it's worth it. When the Maranatha guys took my cement back steps out, they found two snakes and tons of eggs. (I believe I wrote about that.) Well, my big snake is back and just hanging around the house. he's huge, about six feet long and beautiful colors. It's a bull snake, good for keeping the mice population down and for killing rattlers. So, I keep him/her as a pet. He/she gets in the way sometimes--under foot.

I'm spending the holiday weekend cleaning my shack and if I can, I'll work on the yard a little too.

Julie and I spent nearly two hours on Skype yesterday. We had a long intimate conversation--very close.

We have a young cancer patient at EVI. David is only 17. As a matter of fact, his birthday was on Sabbath. He's been with us for three sessions already and we are determined to keep him until he is healthy enough to go home. It's a slow heartbreaking process. He has fourth-stage sarcoma. In essence, he should be dying soon, but our protocol is helping him to not deteriorate. I pray for him all the time. Please pray with me. I believe God would be glorified if he should be healed.

Our little Michelle Fournier Petrova should be here with her family in two days. I hope they contact me about their arrival, otherwise I don't know when to go fetch them at the airport.

This week, all of EVI will spend two days doing a work bee on the farm. Then, I promised my wife I would start working on shipping her container. Lord, there is a lot to do.

Blessings to all,

1 comment: