Wednesday, July 20, 2011

All in a Week's Living

I'll be leaving the day after tomorrow--Friday. I'll spend the weekend at an Oak Haven convention in Michigan. I get to speak and to sit on their board. It's always a good time.

Thought I would write before I left.

The week has been hot with evening storms. Last night, I spent a half hour with our 17 year old lifestyle guest. He is fighting sarcoma fourth stage. My heart goes out to David, but he doesn't seem to pity himself. We talked of spiritual things and he thought he might lose the battle with cancer for his relative's sake. Already, the man who brought him to us four months ago has become much more religious. This man has since married David's cousin. This cousin became very angry with God when David's mother died of cancer ten years ago. She seems to be softening considerably. David is delighted to have a part in it. It seems to be worth the whole ordeal. Impressive!

There is still a boy in the great sufferer. He bought a small remote control helicopter and proceeded to demonstrate how well he can fly it in his room.

We are all grasping at straws to find a treatment that would bring healing to him. Personally, I am looking for a direct miracle. I deeply long for David to live and I am petitioning heaven for that miracle. Please pray with me. (Last week I met a lady who had come to EVI with cancer. What I remember about her was that her husband hovered over her and wouldn't let anything the least bit stressful come her way. He gave you the impression that he would break your arm if she suffered anything untoward. Anyway, they came to donate some equipment they had bought to fight cancer. The dear lady, that I thought was going to die, has been cancer free for two years. What do you think he thinks of us now? He's as docile as a day-old puppy.)

I'm working also on the papers to send my wife's container to Africa. We are close to seeing it gone, but the closer we come to the departure date, the more obstacles the Devil throws in our path. We are shipping a tractor. Customs demand that we show the original title for the tractor. The problem is, Colorado does not issue titles for tractors. We can't produce one out of thin air. That's the kind of hurtles we face.

I am one sermon short for the ASI National Convention and the German camp meeting. The idea is that I need five sermons in all and I have four to date. Not to worry, I have hundreds of sermons. It's a matter of choosing one that fits the occasion. Stress!

My Vice-president was scheduled to leave tomorrow for Hungary. Come to find out, the airline changed her ticket without telling her. She, according to the airline, was meant to fly from NY to Budapest today, but needed to leave Denver tomorrow. How do you do that? They re-scheduled her for Monday and upgraded her to first class. Good deal. That should happen to me sometime.

Yuli and Michelle are planning to leave for DayStar and Monument Valley tomorrow morning. We've had a blast. I'll miss them. Yuli preached to the EVI staff this morning. Very good sermon. Maybe he's missed his calling. Maybe he should take a vow of poverty and become an itinerant preacher like uncle Frank. (Preaching doesn't pay much.)

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment