Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ramblings of a Tired Preacher

The ASI meetings are beginning to weigh heavy on my heart. I'm trying to pray more. Now I know that whatever I say doesn't amount to anything except the Lord takes what I say to the hearts of the people. Sometimes I wish I was more confident about what I am going to share, but then again, that might leave me, well, too confident. I rarely come to the place where I think I've got a cracker-jack sermon. Sometimes, I am totally disgusted with my own efforts. It's amazing that the Lord can bless me at any time. But, He does.

Usually, when I am ask to speak in a place where I am more or less intimidated, I don't do so well. I do well when I am perfectly relaxed. (Lord, leave me in my comfort zone.) Do you guys ever feel like that?

The talk of the week is the weather at EVI. Every day starts sunny and hot. By midday the clouds begin to gather. By evening we can expect a weather watch and a damaging storm. We've never seen so much rain here. Everything is beautifully green, but the hail that accompanies every third storm or so is frightful.

In two weeks my lover will be back. I'll be home one day from a board meeting and convention at Oak Haven, and then we will have four days to prepare for the ASI Convention. (Then, I leave for Germany from Sacramento, can you believe it?) It's cause enough for divorce. Good thing she still loves me . . . I think.

My wife has been suffering from dizziness at night, in bed. She says that when she turns her head in bed, she gets nauseous. She wants me to ask the doctors about it. My guess is she suffers from vertigo. I've had that experience before. There is a little bone in the ear area that when displaced disturbs the equilibrium. She needs to roll hard on the floor till the little bone goes back into place. (Serious! Why are you laughing?)

Denis Priebe will be preaching at EVI this weekend.

Yuli and Michelle Petov, from London, are here and doing well. Yuli is working full days on the farm. No doubt, he is well appreciated by the farm crew and for sure by me.

All is well. The whole world is falling apart and I am snug in the Lord. It seems unfair, but I suppose everyone could enjoy what I enjoy. Hope you are.

So says the preacher to his tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment