Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tomato Season.

Special Kay just walked into my office with a two-pound tomato. Jason and I pretty well eat only tomatoes sandwiches. We are not even tempted with anything else. Our tomatoes are out of this world, as a matter of fact, you'd say they taste like the came from a valley called Eden.

This may be my last entry until mid August. We leave for Sacramento on Tuesday and then I go from there to Germany till the 14th.

All is well. The weather is hot, in the 90's. It hasn't rained as much as it was lately, but it threatens to every day. My wife comes in tomorrow with two of our grandchildren. Miracle or miracles, by God's grace I managed to ship Janet's container yesterday. This is one thing she will not need to deal with while here. The last time she visited, we gave her no rest. I think this time will be stress free, except of course that she is married to me. That's enough stress for anyone . . . I guess.

Jason is here from Africa. He's been helping Ignacio on the farm. They are plowing with bad equipment. Finally, we borrowed a plow from Sunrise next door. They don't have the best equipment either, so we are managing to break it every time we take it out. Jason feels that our inexperience is contributing to our little streak of bad luck here. No doubt.

Our young cancer patient isn't doing well. The prognosis says he will die within a month, perhaps two. He wants to be baptized. I will begin Bible studies with him tonight. Obviously, I don't intend to focus on doctrine and prophecy. He needs to be ready to meet his Maker. Not a bad idea for all of us. Get ready, get ready, get ready.

Listen dear ones, the end has come. If we can't read the signs, we are blind. I'm actually amazed that we are in no greater trouble or distress over it. The Lord is merciful, but it looks to me like everything will deteriorate and will not get better.

Our farm is producing an amazing amount of food. Our last farmer's market netted $1,200. The farm team is working their hearts out.

Finally, our roofers are here today. I hope they stay for a while. Yesterday, we talked to a couple of people, husband and wife, about demolishing seven of our trailers. They came down from $1,500 to $1,000. That is good, but we are a little unsure about hiring them. Pray for us.

Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Frank, these tomatoes are really out of this world! Couldn't you bring some to Germany? I think this would be a great advertisement for Eden Valley ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A photo! Wow! :-)

    We've been eating tomatoes too, but it's not the same without bread. Wishing gluten wasn't such an issue in our house.

    Bible ARME is great - already!! we had an awesome meeting tonight.

    I'm ready to crawl into bed and Julie's out socializing... and I"m the one who actually knows some people here. Well, I guess she went to school with Tim Reisnberger.

    ReplyDelete