Saturday, January 3, 2009

Home Again

My lover is home. She arrived on time, which is rare these days. I was truly grateful. We went from the airport, which, incidentally had lost her bag, to Cinzetti. That is the most upscale restaurant I've ever been too. Not to worry, I'll not to go there too often. It is so expensive! Janet managed to stay awake nicely so that we got through a lot of conversation. She did go to bed by five PM, however. I went to preach vespers and I got ready to preach at the 11 o'clock service this morning. We stayed in bed longer than I am use to, but I did get everything done that I needed to do. It's been a happy reunion -- very happy. 

The gang at church were more than glad to see my woman. She's not made her appearance here in more than seven months. 

I wish I had a picture for you. If I had a camera, I could do that, but I don't yet. Don't hold your breadth, I don't move to spend money very quickly.

In spite of loving being together, we are still pleased to be used of God to do something, anything for the less opportuned African. Life is short. Eternity will be long, I mean really long. So, it isn't a huge sacrifice to give up a few months a year of each other's company. I plan to get to know her in heaven. I haven't managed that in forty five years in this world.

Till next time, The Preacher

2 comments:

  1. glad you made it safely Janet -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful to have Janet home with us in church today!! Praise God for all He has enabled to happen in those 7 months! Wow! The two "beautiful" buildings. I'm looking forward to Janet's showing us pictures! Connie Jo

    ReplyDelete