Sunday, January 11, 2009

Unclean

The last couple of weeks have been very pleasant in Colorado. Having my wife home adds to the pleasure, of course. It's been a great reunion. We've taken one week to get reacquainted, but now life must go on. Today, my Lover went back to work. She is working a 12 hour shift at a Rehab Center today and tomorrow. In the meantime, I climbed South Peak, behind EVI with three other people. I give Bible studies to a fifteen year old staff member. He is into getting stronger. Last night, at a staff get-together, he challenged all the men to show how many  push-ups they could do. They were surprised to find a 61 year old has-been beat the 15 year old by ten push-ups. (We climbed the mountain with thirty pounds in our packs.) 

We are having a great time at EVI. We have a new family living here. She is a Pediatrician, and he works to keep hearts alive during surgery at the hospitals. In any case, they are extremely social, and it is serving to draw all the families together. We've needed this for a long time. Tomorrow night we are getting together to organize to do more evangelism. Pray it grows.

This morning I rec'd a phone call from the President of the Greater New York Conference. He is asking me to come preach to 164 Pastors and Elders on Righteousness by Faith. Lloyd Knecht gave him my name. He wants me to preach in French and in English. I assured him that I would not be preaching in French. He still wants me to come. It's as much a mystery to me as it is an honor to be asked. Then, it will develop into fear. I told him I would let him know on Wednesday. Steve Grabiner thinks I should do it. I hope the Lord will communicate with me on this one. 

I preached at Copper Mountain yesterday. Chuck and Wanda Scarborough, Julie's old Fountainview Principal, was there. I didn't recognize them, but my wife did. They asked about Julie. (By the way, check out Julie's blog. This last one, January 11/09, is a winner.) 

Now, for something spiritual: Isaiah 64:6 says, "We are all as an unclean thing; all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags." Notice how many of us are unclean. Job asks, "Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean?" Then he answers: "Not one." Job 14:4. I wonder, does that answer include God? I believe it does. God sometimes binds Himself by His own natural laws. He will create clean, new hearts, but He won't draw clean out of unclean. Here is the question: If God won't, who are we to even think that we can clean ourselves up by trying? 

All paganism, as well as all New Age-ism is base on the false premise that there is something "in us" waiting to be discovered , or developed. No, no, all there is is filth.

If we ever wake up to that reality, we will then storm heaven with a spiritual violence that will not accept denial. We may have Christ's righteousness (we must have it), our destiny hangs right on that point. Fortunately, that is exactly what Christ is trying to give us --- in Himself.

So, don't look to religion, or to education, or to self-improvement formulas. Don't believe all the shysters who peddle New Age mysticisms. Ask and it shall be given you. Surrender all in exchange for all. Trust God with your life and salvation. There is no other Way. 

Frank



3 comments:

  1. Dad,
    I think it is a great opportunity to inspire to a greater work for God. What you have to say is from God so I'm sure it is an opportunity to speak for God in a big way! Praise Him!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Frank - you are a great speaker - I will be praying for ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are enjoying reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete