Monday, July 13, 2009

Alone for Once
















Life continues to be busy. When Paul West  and Roger Julian left my house, they were replaced with a new batch. Gabriela and her husband, Adam Dean, spent the weekend with me, and a young lady called Dawn. Gab and Adam spent most of their time exploring the Rocky Mountain Park. On Sabbath, we all went to Copper Mountain where I preached. It was fun.

Chuck and Wanda Scarborough, who use to be Julie's Principal at Fountainview were there. As a matter of fact, they were at Aspen Park the week before when I was preaching. At Aspen, they were amazed at the sermon I preached. They didn't think a sermon like I preached on Righteousness by Faith could come from a Self-supporting leader. Well, I preached another one this Sabbath and totally blew Chuck away. Apparently, (his wife told me) Chuck had been out of the church for a while, and he is now coming back. He seems very encouraged by the messages I am giving. So much so, that he is asking me for a photocopy of the message. Now, I am encouraged. It is so strengthening to feel that God can still use me.

After returning home on Sabbath, Gabriela, Adam and I climbed to the top of South Peak. Good climb. We got back after dark, 9:30 P.M. For the first time in months, I am alone in my house. It's a break I am appreciating. Today, I have such a sore back, I can walk only with difficulty, but guess what? I did a workout anyway. This afternoon, I have a Chiropractic appointment.

Got to go, I'm juicing for the Lifestyle Guests. 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it is good to have a break. How long will it last? Your visit with Scarboroughs was interesting.

    ReplyDelete