Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mountain Dude























































Guess where I was yesterday. I took some friends from Missouri, Ben and Lisa Brown, to the mountains. I took the afternoon off. It was a relaxing blessing, except that it came after a peculiarly heart-wrenching Executive Committee. Sorry, can't tell you about it. My daughter-in-law says I ought to be more careful what I write on this blog. 

Last night, one of our Lifestyle guests fell. He weighs 317 lbs. The doc was afraid of leaving him alone at night. He's got a foot missing, he is very old, and terribly weak. So I spent the night with him. He got up four times to go to the bathroom. There is no lack of opportunity to serve around here.

Every day I feel more deeply my lack of leadership skills. If people don't put it on my nose, then circumstances do. I prayed our prayer hearing God to humble me. Don't pray that prayer, you'll wish you hadn't. Better to humble yourself than to have God do it. Yet, I wouldn't take myself out of God's hands for all the tea in China. So says the Preacher to his tribe.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Pictures, Dad! You are becoming quite the photographer.
    Sorry about the heart wrenching commitee meeting. The make for a lot of stress.
    Keep up the good work.
    Love Julie

    ReplyDelete