Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jedidias and Heli's daughter, Abi
Michee, Ignacio and Kettie's daughter
Sarah, my farmer's wife

Sally Smith our new therapist. Her husband, Leonard is our new accountant

Kevin and Debbie Hogfeldt

Picnic time up on the mountain at EVI. We had Lifestyle guests, Village residents, staff and church members. It was as hot as blazes, but everyone seem to have a good time. 

Not too much new at EVI. Everyone is working to catch up with the work. We've got 9,000 more raspberry plants to put into the ground, and not enough workers to do all of our everyday work and that too. The lady who donated the money for the raspberries is saying we must have them planted by the end of July or we lose the donation. I believe we'll get it done, but it will be a miracle. We lost some hay. Everybody has lost hay this year in Colorado. It's been raining since April. The only comfort is that the price has shot up to $8 a bale. Maybe we can make up our losses.

We end a Lifestyle Session today. We had 12 adult guests and three children. My staff has been working their fingers to the bone, and mine, but it is worth it. The Lord seems to especially carry the spiritual messages we convey to the heart. I am always encouraged by the responses of the people.

Tomorrow morning I leave for Oak Haven. I have Jennifer Dettmann with me. She is a 19 year old girl, and that will necessitate that I drive from Colorado to Michigan in one sitting. I can't take a motel with her except I take two rooms, and I can't afford that, so here goes a long drive. 

The Pastor of Copper Mountain, Ruddy Vivanco, asked me to do a seven-day evangelistic series in Glenwood Springs in October. I said yes.

A few months ago, Bill, my farmer, asked if I could suggest some spiritual talks for a man who, I think, is dying of cancer. I sent the Prodigal Son Series. The man is Catholic, and I'm told he really appreciated the set. Just this week, Bill got a phone call asking if I would be willing to do a series of meetings, the Prodigal Son I assume, in the Catholic church where this man attends. So, tell me, should I do it? It's a no-brainer. Of course, I'll do it. Now, I'm waiting for the call. Please pray that the Lord opens this door. I'd love to do that. So much from the Preacher to his tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment