Friday, July 31, 2009

Reunion


My lover is home from Africa. She's been away since May 5. Our reunion was sweet indeed. On her way home from Tanzania she had a layover of 23 hours with Michelle and Julian in London. She took a very nice video of their little boy. 
This was the 50th Anniversary of Oak Haven Conventions. In the picture are two former Presidents recounting the history of Oak Haven. Sherman Leach is at the pulpit and Ron Crary is waiting his turn. In the foreground is Eileen Leach, Sherman's wife.


This man use to be a student at Riverside Farms in Zambia when we were there. He is a Rwandese. He lost 37 members of his family in the massacres. He walked 200 miles with two children, dodging assassins every step of the way. He came to the Oak Haven Convention to see me because he heard I would be there. 

I had to drive to Michigan in one day, 1,150 miles because I had Jennifer Dettmann with me. We arrived at 12:45 A.M. The next day Ron, Jennifer's dad, and I went kayaking on lake Michigan. I enjoyed that very much. The rest of the weekend was taken up by the Convention and board meetings. Oak Haven is doing extremely well, but not without their own bumps in the road. 

On the way to and from Oak Haven I listened to three audio books, biographies of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and of Crazy Horse. They were all worth listening to. Each book was about 8-9 hours of listening time. It all kept me awake and interested. 

At Eden Valley we suffered a devastating hail storm. It pretty well wiped out our outdoor gardens. The Lord is in charge, we take all He gives with gratitude. Today, I rec'd a two-week notice from a cherished couple. They are therapists with us. It breaks my heart, but I can understand their frustrations. They promised to write both the Executive Committee and the Board a letter. I'm sure to take a beating. It's ok, if I thought I was faultless I would be disturbed, but I am neither without recrimination or disturbed. Perhaps it is time someone examined my  brand of leadership, or lack thereof. I've considered resigning this year, but I am getting a lot of resistance. They don't seem to realize how much better things would be with a better leader. 

I think I wrote about agreeing to do an evangelistic series in October in Glenwood Springs. The pastor, Ruddy Vivanco, is needing themes and titles right now. He doesn't realize that I don't have a clue what I will do, but I've promised to drudge something up by Monday. Lord, help me.

That's it from the Preacher to his tribe.

1 comment:

  1. Janet's smile is priceless = enjoy your time together

    ReplyDelete