Thursday, September 2, 2010

More of the Same

I find that the longer I go between blogs, the harder it is to blog. (Ask Julie. Julie, how can we know what is happening with you if you don't tell us?)

We've gotten some real good news at EVI. Our farm manager, Bill Bosko, was threatened with needing a heart transplant. Unbelievable, but true. He kept assuring me, perhaps himself as well, that he would not accept a heart transplant under any circumstance. For a while there, I thought he might have to eat his words. Praise God, he doesn't. I've not often prayed for anything as much as I prayed for this. I don't mean to imply that because I prayed Bill needs no surgery. I'm sure my prayers were just one of many, many. The doctor says Bill will recover fully within one year. Praise God. We should all have the hope of recovering spiritually is so short a time.

We went up the mountain last evening. When I say we, I mean maybe twenty Eden Valley-ites and friends and enjoyed a corn roast. I really appreciate the opportunities to do something pleasant with my Eden Valley family. Great people.

Unfortunately, the Eden Valley family hasn't always been this united. We spent the last couple of years learning to deal with each other's characters. Some people are gone, which I love very much, but they couldn't be happy with us no matter what. More and more, we are focusing on the possibility to do more for the Lord. What a blessing that is.

Leasa is gone for the weekend. She called me from the airport this morning. She told me she'd been reading my blogs up to a year ago. I thought, "Oh oh, I wonder what nonsense I've been caught saying." As you know, discretion isn't my strongest quality. In the end, it appears I wasn't caught with my pants down, this time. In July last year, I postulated that if I found a Business Manager, there would be a huge transfer of power, and I would not be needed as much at EVI. Leasa wanted to know if my predictions had come to pass. They haven't. I've never been so blessed as since this dear lady put her shoulder behind the EVI plow.

-The bears are coming down from the mountains. Our few apples are nearly ready for them. -There is one elk which thinks the corn was planted specifically for him.
-Eden Valley is pretty well full up as far as staff is concerned. We do need a female therapist.
-The corn seems to be selling well. This morning the farm crew left with a load of corn for farmer's market. They sold out the first hours. We had to send another load to them.

Till next time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi DAD,
    I'll write when I get home. It will be easier for me. I just have too many distractions while I am traveling. I am in Montana right now and will be going to spend the weekend with Art and his family in Albert and then on to home from there. We've had a great trip so far!! This is written from Nanette's computer by the way but it is actually from me.
    Love Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. good i miss your entries Julie -

    ReplyDelete