Thursday, September 30, 2010

God is Amazing

Our Convention starts tomorrow. I believe we are ready. Leasa stays ahead of the curve with Programs and Board packets and such.

Yesterday, I was in Wildwood. We had a meeting with the folks from Ukraine. I'm not sure we accomplished enough to make the trip worth while. I was routed through Chicago. My plane was suppose to leave the airport at 7:30 PM. Everything was ready, the plane, the crew, the control tower, everything. Everything except the pilot. He didn't show up until 9:30 PM. I got to bed at 12:30 AM.

We got a million dollar donation yesterday. I thank God for the miracle. When I was first a leader at Woodland Park, I use to watch Bill Dull, Ron Crary, Larry Flemming and all those guys, and marvel at the donations they use to bring in. They were building empires. I thought, I'll never be able to fundraise like that. Well, I was never able to fundraise at all. The Lord surrounds me with people who are able to do it. Steven Grabiner, who read the message I got by text on my phone wondered why I was not more excited. First of all, I didn't raise it. Secondly, I knew it was coming, and thirdly, it isn't going in my pocket. I praise God constantly, but I'm not making a big show of it. Steve said that I'll be known for being the best fundraiser in our work. Ya, right! Anyway, it's a huge donation. I'm humbled and grateful and amused that the Lord would choose to do that to me. I so wanted to be a fund raiser years ago. Today, I really couldn't care less. All I know, is that God takes care of my needs and my institutional needs as well. Now that making a show no longer matters a hoot, now the Lord is doing all kinds of amazing things for me . . . for us. I still marvel that John is a Conference President.

Champy called me Thursday night. We talked for half an hour. We had a good time. His church wants me to do a week of revival meetings in November for them. I thought I would try to draw my wife home with that possibility. She hasn't seen hers or my family in eons. It would be a blessing to take a week for the meetings and a week to visit some folks, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. One million dollar - WOW! See, if you had left EVI this year, somebody else would have received the laurels ;-). I pray that it will be used wisely - and that the spiritual blessings at Eden Valley will be at least as humongous as the donation.

    ReplyDelete