Monday, December 20, 2010

Four Days of Bliss

I'm back to work. This morning, I prepared a sermon for Wednesday morning assembly. (Every Wednesday our staff come together. We praise God for what He is doing in our lives; we lift each other up in prayer, and I preach a 30 minute sermon.) I went up the mountain to pray for half an hour. I fixed the windshield wiper on my wife's car, and the exhaust hose on her dryer. Then I had lunch by myself because Janet and Leasa are having lunch together. Eden Valley is hitting my wife up with a new proposal. I was forbid to say anything to her personally. So, I won't say anything right now, but perhaps I'll let you know when I hear the outcome.

I took two days off from work when my wife arrived. Add that to the weekend and we've had four days in which to do nothing or anything we wanted to. I was thinking as I walked up the mountain: if anyone offered me a weekend in the Caribbean, or on South Pacific island, I could not have enjoyed my time more. That we did nothing, but we did it together. We went swimming, we went shopping, we went to church, we had folks over for lunch on Sabbath, we tried to sleep, we slept a little, whatever, it was a blast.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad you guys are spending time with one another and to hear you both relaxed for 4 days - is amazing - enjoy then do i really need to say that

    ReplyDelete