Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hungry? I hope so.

I can't believe it, it's December 7 and the weather is wonderful, in Colorado. Usually, arctic weather has settled in by now, pipes are freezing and we are not acclimated. I suppose it will all change in time for my wife's arrival, December 15. No matter, I'll see that the house is warmed up.

Besides that, nothing is new. We have a new intake of lifestyle guests. Very nice people. I believe they all have cancer, except the supports, of course. Leonard and I put new laminate flooring in my dining room, kitchen and entry way. Today, the maintenance men put the trim back down. I get to preach in Copper Mountain this Sabbath. Today, I rec'd an e-mail asking if I would do some meetings at a youth camp in Romania in August, and a GYC in Romania next December. I might. I'm already scheduled for Washington state in February, Ukraine and Romania in May, Germany and Sacramento ASI in August. With that I'm suppose to move to Africa. Can I keep all that organized from Africa? Lots of questions; lots of hurdles.

Did you notice in the Beatitudes that Jesus did not say blessed are the righteous. The reason is, "there is none righteous, no not one." Romans 3: 10-12. Jesus said, "Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness." Matthew 5. We don't hunger when we are full. We hunger when we feel our emptiness. It isn't the proud religionist, the man satisfied with his christian experience, his self-sufficience, that is blessed/accepted of God. It's the one who feels His need of help from God. "From the soul that feels his need, nothing is withheld." DA 300. Feeling our need is the qualifier, the qualification that nets for us the gift. Do you know your need of God? Oh, I hope so. I do,

So says the Preacher to his Tribe.


No comments:

Post a Comment