Sunday, September 26, 2010

Maybe not.

It's Sunday evening. The Family Camp is over and I believe everyone is more than pleased. I know I am. The speakers were very good--Tom and Alane Waters were good and the other family, Paul and Carolyn Rayne with two children, were better. They addressed many issues pertaining to families and romance. I don't know if I learned anything, but I do know they left me missing my wife a lot more.

The church was full, especially on Sabbath and the weather was perfect. I think it was 95 degrees F. today.

I'm enjoying Michelle and Yuli with the children more every day. The kids take to me well. It isn't like I don't work at it, but the truth is, working at it comes naturally to me. I love kids, and I think they know it. Uncle Rob drove all the way from California to see Michelle. He always makes a favorable impression on everyone he meets. Gabriella and Adam Dean stayed at my house as well. They got on especially well with Yuli. All of it put together made for a great weekend.

Today, Tom Waters went for a walk to pray. That was in the dark, before dawn. At one point, he felt like he wasn't alone. When he looked down, he saw a bear cub walking by his side. Tom stopped and the cub stopped, then began to retreat. Tom thought it might fun to pet the little fella, but he couldn't get close to it. Eventually, Tom figured he shouldn't push his "luck", or might we say "Providence" too far. I haven't seen a bear at EVI since last fall. Tom has seen the twin cubs twice in four days. Maybe I should walk in the very early mornings. Then again, maybe not.

Next week promises to be busy. On Tuesday, I need to fly to Chattanooga to meet with some folks from Ukraine at Wildwood. After meeting with them on Wednesday, I return home to get ready for the EVI Convention and Board Meeting. After the board I drive to DayStar for their boards and drive home the next day. The next Lifestyle Session will be well under way when I get back. So, it's back to the old grind.

If my wife was here, I'd turn my back on all that work and take her on a week's vacation and just rest. No point resting alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment