Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Guests


I was privileged to preach six times this week. Some may not consider this a privilege, but I do. My mind is forever exercised with life-changing themes. Four times I taught the Agri Students, one Wednesday, I prepared one of the most serious family talks I've had in a long time. I talked about gossip. From now on, negative talk and faultfinding is not permitted at EVI. The Lord helped me to show that claiming to be Christians and failing to control our mouths is an oxymoron. Nearly everyone has been guilty of this failure at EVI, including me, and it is no longer safe to think we are true Christians if we don't get our tongues under control. 

On Sabbath, I spoke on Being Under the Law, as opposed to Being Under Grace. I've got to learn how to put these sermons on the net so that others can get the benefit of them also. I was in night duty at the Village church till Sunday morning. That was not uneventful either. A copper pipe broke in the ceiling of the Village Friday night and flooded the dining area. I got called in the middle of the night to help with that. We didn't manage to fix it the firs time. So we lived with the leaks in the caf all day Sabbath. On Sabbath night, Mark went into the attic to fix the problem. I asked him not to turn the water on after he fixed it so we could sleep. He thought everything would be alright. At 12:30 A.M. the alarm went off and I got up the another flood.  We shit the water off again and I worked till 2:00 A.M. mopping up water.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi dad, great story! The spelling in your last sentence needs a little editing though! Not a very nice word you used there even if your are frustrated with water pipes. LOL!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete